Thursday, December 10, 2009

My baby and me.

By now they had found a combination of drugs to fight my depression. I was talking Effexor and something else I no longer recall. So I went from not sleeping and crying all the time, to not crying all the time. It might not sound like much but it was a huge improvement. I use to call it the "no more tears pills".

I was huge because of the polyhydramnios. I use to get in the walk-in shower and sit in the corner with the water falling down on me. It is there that I pondered what to do. I struggled to find answers to the doctors most important question; how much did I want them to do.

Sometimes I just cried in that corner. Other times I laughed. My baby moved a lot and he seemed to really like the water. The movement would make me laugh. I talked to him. I knew this time was all I would have with him so I had to make the best of it. With my other children by this time I was miserable and wonder why I had to be the woman. Why couldn't men give birth and go through this :-)? I complained like most women. With this pregnancy I cherished everyday I stayed pregnant.

The polyhydramnios was good and bad. I was huge and had problems because of it but at the same time all the water allowed my baby to be active up until his birth. This was a good thing, to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment