Monday, August 17, 2009

The rest of the ultrasound

Dr G left the room to tell my parents we could not continue for them to see the U/S because of my headache. I have the most understanding parents in the world, they never asked anything except how my headache was.

He came back in and told me he found two cystic hygromas on my baby's neck. He told me he thought by baby had Turner's syndrome.

Dr G wanted to reschedule my amnio because I was in so much pain from my migraine. But I insisted because I was already in so much pain I might not notice that 100 inch needle going into my stomach. :-0

Well I will give him credit, he tried. It hurt so much he said, "I have never done this before but I am going to put you to sleep to do this". :-) Worked for me.

When I walked out I was worried about my parents so I tried very hard to pull myself together. There was no point in saying anything until I knew exactly what was going on. It was a good thing I had the migraine and the failed amnio because there was no way I could look like I was not crying. This was just the beginning, I think I cried for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment