Sunday, August 2, 2009

The ultrasound

There was my baby. I could see his hands, feet, spine, head, toes, fingers, everything. I was laughing................

Dr. G turned off the ultrasound and turned to me. He said, “I can’t continue with this, letting you think everything is Okay. There is something wrong.

I burst into tears without even knowing what was wrong. I'm sure it was the hormones. Then I went into shock.

I was 15 weeks pregnant when I went in for my ultrasound and amniocentesis. A doctor I had never seen before met me in the room. He introduced himself as DR. G. and told me he was going to do my ultrasound and amnio.

I was excited even though I was suffering from a nine day migraine. Their had been many ultrasounds in the beginning for my miracle baby but this would be the first one where I would see something that looked like a baby.

My parents had flown in for their annual visit from the Islands the day before. I brought them with me. This was suppose to be their first time seeing an ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment