Saturday, February 1, 2014

9/11

It was a beautiful Tues as I drove to the military base for my Tues appointment.  I was 34 weeks pg.  I  had the radio on as usual when I heard that a plane hit the world trade center.  I thought it was some sort of joke and called my husband.  He had not heard.  I walked into the clinic to see everyone out in the reception area glued to the TV.  At just that moment the second plane hit the other building.  Everyone was in shock.  After a while the DR's realized they had patients and they went back to there offices.  I was called for my apt with Dr. G.  This was the one and only time I saw Dr G and did not have his full attention, he was distracted.  I asked if something else was wrong.  I don't recall exactly what he said but he was concerned about the war he was certain was coming.  I recall commenting that there was no possible way he would  have to go because he treated high risk pg.  He said, he was not worried about himself but rather for all the woman having babies who's husbands would be at war.  I don't recall anything else about that appt.  Everyone was still in shock when I left.

No comments:

Post a Comment