Saturday, February 1, 2014

My MIL and religion.

My Mother-in-law was a gentle, southern woman who thought I spent my entire pregnancy sleeping or at Walmart.  She was religious so once I told her the bad news she would call every Tues afternoon to ask how my appointment went.  She was always surprised that things were either still just as bad or worse.  She would always tell me that everything would be fine, that God would make sure my baby would be fine.  I would tell her it was not going to be fine, he would not get better.  I needed her to accept the reality but she wouldn't.  What planet was she living on?  It got to the point that I could no longer talk to her.  I would not answer the phone and my husband always said I was sleeping or at Walmart and she believed him because her baby would never lie to her.  :-)  Gotta love it.

My point is this, I was struggling to accept the truth but I needed to.  Tuesday's were always the worse because they were "bad news  Tuesday's"  I struggled everyday to accept what was happening but I knew I had to or I would not survive.  Embracing the truth and accepting what was, was my salvation.  I stopped talking to everyone.  People feel the need to say something uplifting but there was nothing they could say that was going to make this better so I saved them and myself from all the awkwardness.  This may not work for everyone but it worked for me.

Some people thought I was religious because I went to Church a lot but I went to different churches.  I was not a believer or a non-believer.  I was a seeker, I wanted the truth.  I believe in reincarnation and I believe in science. 

No comments:

Post a Comment