Monday, February 3, 2014

The Polar Bears

In the NICU a nurse gave my son a polar bear.  The toy was so appropriate, he was so white, with black looking eyes, and he was huge.  Then there was the snow blanket.  That started a collection.  For x-mas and beyond I have received gifts of polar bears.  We have far too many polar bears now.  What would have been his room is full of them and it's called the polar bear room.  Of course it's painted snow white also!  But back then I just had the one bear. 
When you are depressed different things upset you.  One day I was thinking about the twin we also lost during this pregnancy.  The actual miscarriage was at 13 - 14 weeks.  I focused on him (we decided he would have been a boy also) and I was distressed that no one ever seem to remember the other baby that never was.  I was alone, at home.  It was about 6 weeks after baby boy was born.  I had been upstairs in his room, as I often was.  I came down and walked into my bedroom, there on the floor was a very small white polar bear.  I looked around and to this day we have no idea where that bear came from but I knew it was the twin's bear.  They have never been apart since that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment