Saturday, February 1, 2014

Planning for life and death.

I tried to plan everything.  I told the DR's they could have time to look over my baby and tell me what was what.  However, if things were as bad as they seemed to be I did not want him to undergo any worthless surgeries.  They said, it would take 2 hrs to evaluate him. I told them I did not want him kept alive.

I even asked about donating his organs.  I knew with his health issues we would be limited in what could be donated.  I think I shocked them because no one really said anything.  I asked about it again, later but I just got this impression that it would never happen and it may have been because of the trisomy 21.  But this is just an impression, I never did know what it was.

I even picked a funeral home.  I could not call so my 19 yr old daughter called for me.  My husband and I went and made the arrangements before I gave birth.  To the guys credit he maintained his composure when we explained we were there to make arrangement for someone who was not born yet and had not died, yet.  And yet I could tell he was surprised.

I thought I had planned for everything, how wrong I was.

No comments:

Post a Comment