Monday, February 3, 2014

Every year for the twins birthday, I go.

I go on vacation for the week.  I leave my home because I must. I don't want to be sad and for some reason staying at home makes me sad.  It's when I celebrate that the twins ever existed. I always have the two polar bears with me and I take pictures of them wherever I am.

We always release two b-day balloons.  I write there names and ages on the balloons.  I take pictures and watch the balloons till they get swallowed up by the clouds.

Every manager I work for I tell them during the interview that every year I must be off that week no matter what.  I usually explain and it's never been a problem, people have been very understanding.

Early on one year, we went o Glacier National Park.  My husband is late for everything so we got a late start on there b-day.  We were hiking to hidden lake.  The park was still open in late Oct. because the first snow had not fallen.  At the bottom of the mountain it was sunny but chilly.  Coming from a warmer part of  the country we had lots of layers on. For some reason I chose to add some non-helium balloons.  As we walked higher it started getting hot and we started removing layers.  When he got to Hidden Lake it was sunny and beautiful.  We were all alone (everyone else had enough sense to be at the bottom already).  Very quickly it got dark and windy, then it started snowing.  This all happened in 5 min.  I quickly released the balloons so we could get back down the mountain before total darkness.  This was the time when bears are looking for food before they go into hibernation .  Well those extra balloons brought down the entire bunch and they fell into the lake.  We watched as they drifted to the side with no shore, just a cliff.  I was upset because the balloons would not go into the clouds.  I was more worried about being eaten by a bear and said, we had to go.  My husband keeps watching, not wanting to leave.  The wind changed and started pushing the balloons back the other way.  He ran to the other end and got the balloons, it's a small lake.  We quickly tore off the extra balloons and release the b-day ones.  With the wind they quickly made it to the clouds and we left.  It's still snowing and even darker as we try to follow that path down.  That was hopeless so we followed the river.  My husband had bought the biggest can of bear spray he could find and they told us to make noise because the bears did not really want to see us anymore than we wanted to see them.  Well the only song we knew that we could sing loud and for a long time was "Old McDonald had a Farm" and we sand it at the top of our lungs all the way down.  When we got back around 6 PM it was nice and sunny at the bottom.  :-)  It was a fabulous b-day for all.

No comments:

Post a Comment